Compressed Air Fittings
There are a number of different compressed air piping materials, each with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Galvanized steel, black iron, copper, and stainless steel are all common materials used for compressed air distribution systems.
More recently, however, aluminum piping has emerged as a premium choice for contractors, architects, and engineers. At Rapid Air, we believe that our aluminum piping is a superior alternative to other materials for compressed air systems.
Rapid Air’s Compressed Air Piping Materials
- Our compressed air piping materials come in available lengths of 8 ft 6 in or 19 ft 8 in. By offering two distinct sizes, we make it easy for our customers to find the right fit and customize their systems.
- Our operating working pressure is 190 psi at 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rapid Air’s compressed air piping materials have a temperature range of zero degrees Fahrenheit to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. This dynamic temperature range allows you to create piping systems for a myriad of different uses.
- Our piping is compatible with common compressor oils.
- Our piping is made out of Aluminum Alloy 6063-T5, which is known for its incredible tensile strength. Aluminum is highly recommended for compressed air piping because it is lightweight, easy to handle, and non-corrosive.
- The compressed air piping materials we use contain a powder coat on the outside with a clear anodized inside. This smooth inner surface makes the piping more efficient.
- We use polymer (nylon) compression fittings. For outside installation, we recommend that you cover or paint the nylon to protect the fittings from direct sunlight.
Our piping materials are best used for systems with straight runs that are met with minimal obstructions.
Ultimately, there are many choices when it comes to piping for your compressed air distribution system. However, when you choose Rapid Air’s compressed air piping materials, you get cleaner air, lower maintenance costs, optimal air flow, and excellent customer service.