THE BEST AIR PIPING SYSTEM FOR FOOD & BEVERAGE INDUSTRY
SEMI-FLEXIBLE COMPRESSED AIR TUBING
Duratec® is a completely clean industrial compressed air piping system that is especially suited for the food and beverage industry and hospitality sector. Duratec® meets NSF and FDA requirements.
Duratec® is a semi flexible tubing that comes in a 100 ft or 300 ft coil and uses compression fittings for leak proof performance. It is designed for efficient installation in diverse settings, from small shops to breweries, bakehouses, and large manufacturing facilities. It delivers clean compressed air, inert gas, and welding gas.
The smooth inner surface Duratec® tubing delivers air efficiently and remains corrosion free for decades. Duratec® fittings are also protected with a corrosion-resistant, industrial-strength nickel plating and include double o-ring seals ensuring joint integrity. Duratec®maintains its shape after bending, which makes it ideal for layouts with many obstructions and corners.
Choose Duratec® Semi-Flexible Compressed Air System for:
- Inert/Welding gas and compressed air
- CO2 delivery for carbonated beverages
- 100% Oxygen service (life reduced from 50 years to 10 years)
- Layouts with many obstructions, corners
- Long continuous piping lengths
- Plant air
- In wall/on wall installation
Save on Installation & Labor Costs
You can install Duratec® in half the time of most traditional systems. Fittings are compression fitting, so there is no need for gluing or threading. Duratec® is 75% lighter than copper or steel pipes of the same diameter, which cuts down on the number of people required to lift or carry it.
Set Up Shop
When it’s time to purchase or design a new compressed air line system, many people don’t know where to start. That’s where we come in. Use the tools below or contact us, today.
Easy to Install Compressed Air Tubing
Duratec® is available in 100 ft and 300 ft lengths, which allows for fewer joints and less leakage. The “compression style” Duratec® fittings make installation fast and easy. No glue or threading is needed. All joints have double o-ring seals. With no special installation tools required, you can easily assemble, disassemble, and re-modify your system at any time. It is compatible with common compressor oils.
- Use for compressed air, inert gas, welding gas, beverage piping
- 1/2”, 3/4” and 1” sizes, (inside diameter)
- 300 foot rolls available
- Operating working pressure 200 psi @73°F, 160psi @140°F
- Burst pressure 700 psi
- Temperature range -40°F to 140°F
- Compatible with common compressor oils
- Can be buried underground or in concrete
- For outside installation, cover or paint the tubing to protect from
direct sunlight (UV rays)
Duratec® will hold any bend shape
- Bend Radius: 4-6"
- Outside Diameter: .63"
- Inside Diameter: .50"
- Bend Radius: 6-8"
- Outside Diameter: .98"
- Inside Diameter: .80"
- Bend Radius: 10-12"
- Outside Diameter: 1.26"
- Inside Diameter: 1.02"
- Compression style
- Nickel plated brass
- Double oring seal, Buna N
- Split ring allow disassembly
- No expensive install tools required
Cut The Tubing Square
Push The Fitting Onto The Tubing
Turn The Nut
Tighten Nut With Wrench Minimum
Duratec® Installation Steps Tips & Training
The Duratec® Airline System is only as safe as a thorough installation. Tubing will carry compressed air/gas up to 200 psi. Care must be taken on any installation of the Duratec® Airline System. Read all installation instructions and watch installation videos before starting. You can watch our Duratec® installation videos at www.rapidairproducts.com
Each shipment will contain installation instructions. If you do not receive them, please call us immediately at 866-691-5311 and download the Installation Guide. We strongly recommend that the installer contact our tech department for installation questions prior to the installation.
- CUT the tubing STRAIGHT with the supplied cutter. Do not use a hacksaw.
- CHAMFER the end of the tubing with the supplied tool. When pushing the tubing into the fitting, the o-ring must insert smoothly. If the end of the tube is sharp, it will cut the o-ring and CAUSE LEAKS. For lubrication, fill a spray bottle with water and add a couple drops of dish soap.
- TUBING must be INSERTED into the fitting fully to the shoulder inside.
- Fitting nuts must be tightened to a minimum of ¾ TURN.
- Support the tubing with clips / hangers
- Tubing can be BENT to conform around obstacles. Be careful not to kink the tubing.
- Any machine / compressor plumbed to the system must have a JUMPER HOSE to reduce vibration.
- DO NOT USE for PULSING desiccant dryers or other like equipment.
- CAUTION installing inert gas bulk systems. Gas must be warmed up to the tubing temperature range.
- DO NOT connect quick couplings for air hoses to reducing elbows or tee fittings. The constant connecting/disconnecting and pulling of air hoses could loosen the fitting. Use the WALL OUTLET, which can be secured to a wall or a post. Any hoses or tubing attached in the ceiling area to a fitting must use a strain relief attached to the building structure.
- Assemble all NPT PIPE THREADS with two wraps of Teflon tape and then pipe sealant, which prevents thread galling.
- CHECK that all fittings are tightened before pressurizing the system for the first time.
- For initial installation, pressurize system SLOWLY to 50 psi and check for leaks. Then, pressurize slowly to MAX 200 psi.
- AFTER 24 HOURS of being pressurized, depressurize the system and RETIGHTEN the compression nuts.
- Make sure compressor output temperature does not exceed 140° F.
The Only Air Line System Rated for Food & Beverage Use
A brewhouse’s high quality, expensive equipment like keg washers, canning systems, de-palletizer systems and glass pak packaging lines demand clean dry stable compressed air. RapidAir has a variety of sizes and products to meet this need. The Duratec® system installs easily and provides clean compressed air and inert gas to equipment like a still, fermenter or grain mill.
Whenever pressurized air will come into direct contact with food (for example, when injecting a gas that preserves the food), you must use hygienic, sanitary tubing. Duratec® is FDA compliant and NSF approved. It is packaged in cardboard boxes to prevent contamination before use. Because the inner layer cannot rust or corrode, the clean air stays clean.
Just received parts ordered for my compressed air system. All parts are quality made and I am very happy with them. Thank you so very much for being so helpful and above all you were so very nice. Thanks again Stacy!